1. Heat oven to 325°F (163°C).
2. In a small bowl, combine crust ingredients and mix well.
3. Press mixture into the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch springform pan.
4. Bake crust for 10 minutes then remove and set aside.
5. Cover the outsides of the pan with aluminum foil and set aside.
CHEESECAKE AND CINNAMON FILLING
1. Reduce oven to 300°F (148°C).
2. In a large bowl, mix the cream cheese, sugar and flour until combined (Use low speed to keep less air from getting into the batter, which can cause cracks). Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
3. Add eggs one at a time, beating slowly and scraping the sides of the bowl after each addition.
4. Add the sour cream, vanilla extract and cinnamon. Beat on low speed until well combined. Set aside.
5. In another medium sized bowl, toss together apples, brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg until apples are coated. Set aside.
6. In another medium bowl, whisk together brown sugar, cinnamon and flour. Stir in melted butter until combined.
7. Add about 1/3 of the apples to the bottom of the crust.
8. Break apart cinnamon mixture and sprinkle pieces over the apples, about 1/3 of the cinnamon mixture.
9. Spread about 1/2 of the cheesecake filling over the cinnamon mixture.
10. Add another 1/3 of the apples and cinnamon mixture to the top of the cheesecake filling.
11. Spread remaining cheesecake filling over cinnamon and apples.
11. Sprinkle remaining apples and cinnamon mixture over top of cheesecake.
11. Place springform pan (covered with aluminum foil) inside another pan. Fill outside pan with enough warm water to go about halfway up the sides of the springform pan. The water should not go above the top edge of the aluminum foil on the springform pan.
8. Bake for 1 hour and 30 minutes.
9. Turn off heat and leave cheesecake in oven with door closed for 30 minutes.
10. Crack oven door and leave the cheesecake in the oven for about 20 minutes.
11. Remove cheesecake from oven and chill until completely cool and firm.
12. To make the apple garnish for the top of the cheesecake, add chopped apples, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, lemon juice and butter to a pan. Stir together until apples are well coated.
13. Cook apples on medium heat until at desired tenderness, about 10 minutes.
14. Remove cheesecake from springform pan and place on serving plate. Add apples to the top of the cheesecake and drizzle remaining sauce from pan over cheesecake.
15. Refrigerate until ready to serve.