This Vinegar Pie is a super simple old fashioned pie that has been around for years! It gets it’s flavor from a little bit of vinegar and is topped with whipped cream and a sprinkle of nutmeg!
- 1 refrigerated pie crust
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups (310g) sugar
- 1/4 cup (56g) butter, melted
- 1 1/2 tbsp white vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Whipped cream, optional
- Nutmeg, optional
1. Place the pie crust in a 9 inch pie pan and crimp the edges. Pre-bake according to the temperature and time of the package directions. Use pie weights to keep the crust from puffing up too much when baking.
2. Adjust oven temperature to 350°F, if needed.
3. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, sugar, butter, vinegar and vanilla extract. Whisk well to combine, then pour into pre-baked pie shell.
4. Bake pie for 30-40 minutes, or until pie is set but a little jiggly.
5. Allow pie to cool to room temperature, then refrigerate pie until cool and firm and serve.
6. Serve pie with whipped cream and a sprinkle of nutmeg. Don’t skip the nutmeg – trust me!
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 241
- Sugar: 25.1 g
- Sodium: 102.6 mg
- Fat: 10.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 34.9 g
- Protein: 2.7 g
- Cholesterol: 72.2 mg
Keywords: Vinegar Pie, desperation pie, vinegar pie recipe, old fashioned pie