This Oreo Brookie Ice Cream Cake is made with layers of fudgy brownie, chocolate chip cookie ice cream, chocolate ganache and Oreo ice cream. It’s so awesome I’m in love!
NOTE: 8×3-inch springform pans are ideal for building this cake so that you can easily remove the cake once it’s been assembled. If you do not have a springform pan, line your cake pan with clear wrap before adding your parchment paper and cake board. You can use the clear wrap to lift your cake out of the pan once it’s assembled and frozen. You want to make your cake layers in the same pan you’ll use for layering the ice cream and cake together so that the cake layers fit in the final pan you use for layering. In lou of using a cake pan to build the cake, you could also use cake collars as I did.
1. Grease an 8-inch cake pan (preferably springform pan, see above) and line the bottom with parchment paper to allow for easy removal.
2. Make brownie batter according to instructions on back of box and bake in the 8 inch pan.
3. When brownie is done baking, allow to completely cool.
10. When the brownie is cool, make the ice cream. In a large mixer bowl, combine the cream cheese, sugar and brown sugar and mix until smooth.
11. Add the milk and vanilla extract and mix until smooth. Set aside.
12. In another mixer bowl, add the heavy whipping cream and powdered sugar and whip on high speed until stiff peaks form.
13. Gently fold about 1/3 of the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture until combined, then fold in the remaining whipped cream.
14. Divide the ice cream mixture evenly between two bowls.
15. To one bowl, add the cookie crumbs, chopped cookies and mini chocolate chips. Fold to combine. Set aside.
15. To the other bowl, add the oreo crumbs and chopped oreos. Fold to combine. Set aside.
16. Make the chocolate ganache. Add 3 oz of the chocolate chips to a small bowl (see my tips on making chocolate ganache).
17. Heat 1/4 cup of the heavy whipping cream until it begins to boil, then pour it over the chocolate chips. Allow the mixture to sit for 3-4 minutes, then whisk until smooth. Set aside.
18. If you are using a cake pan to build the cake, line the sides of an 8-inch springform pan with parchment paper. The parchment paper should stick up above the top edge of the pan, since the cake will probably be a little taller than your pan (see example). If you want, put a cardboard cake circle in the bottom of the pan. If not using a springform pan, you pan put some plastic wrap in the bottom of the pan and up the sides and use it to lift the cake out of the pan when it’s done. If you are using a cake collar, wrap it around the brownie and secure in place.
NOTE: You should be using the same 8-inch pan you used for the cake. Not all 8-inch pans are exactly the same size. Your cake needs to fit in this pan.
19. Add the cookie ice cream to the top of the brownie and spread into an even layer.
20. Add the chocolate ganache and spread into an even layer.
21. Add the oreo ice cream to the top of the ganache and spread into an even layer.
22. Freeze the cake for 6-8 hours or overnight. Once frozen, remove from springform pan and remove parchment paper from sides. If you used a cake collar, remove it.
23. Make the chocolate ganache. Add 6 oz of the chocolate chips to a small bowl.
24. Heat 1/2 cup of the heavy whipping cream until it begins to boil, then pour it over the chocolate chips. Allow the mixture to sit for 3-4 minutes, then whisk until smooth. Set aside.
25. To make the chocolate whipped cream, add the heavy whipping cream, powdered sugar and cocoa powder to a large mixer bowl. Whip on high speed until stiff peaks form.
26. Drizzle the ganache around the edge of the cake. I use a squeeze bottle, but you could also use a spoon. See my tips on making a chocolate drip cake.
27. Fill in the top of the cake and smooth with an offset spatula.
28. Pipe a small dome of whipped cream into the center of the cake. Decorated the top of the cake with additional brownies, oreos and chocolate chip cookies.
29. Place cake in the freezer until ready to serve. Cake is best stored covered for 4-6 days.
Keywords: ice cream cake recipe, homemade ice cream cake, how to make ice cream cake, best ice cream cake, cookies and cream cake, cookie cake recipe, brownie cake recipe, best cake recipe