These White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies have soft and chewy centers with lightly crisp edges! They use an extra egg yolk for chewiness and are loaded with white chocolate chips and macadamia nuts for the ultimate cookie!
- 2 1/2 cups (325g) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup (168g) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup (225g) light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (104g) granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup (211g) white chocolate chips
- 1 cup (120g) roasted salted macadamia nuts, chopped
- 1–2 tsp of milk
1. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt in a medium sized bowl and set aside.
2. Cream the butter and sugars together in a large mixer bowl on medium speed until light in color and fluffy. Scrape down the sides of the bowl while it’s mixing a few times, as needed. You should be able to see the change in color and texture happen and know it’s ready.
3. Add the egg and egg yolk one at a time and mix until well combined after each addition.
4. Add the vanilla extract and mix until well combined.
5. Add the dry ingredients and mix until the dough is just combined. Do not over mix.
6. Add a teaspoon of milk and combine on low speed just until incorporated. Use a rubber spatula to finish combing the dough and help it come together. Add an additional teaspoon of milk only if really needed to help the dough come together. You don’t want to add too much liquid and end up with cookies that spread too much.
7. Stir in the white chocolate chips and macadamia nuts.
8. Create 2 tablespoon sized balls of cookie dough until all the cookie dough has been used.
9. Refrigerate the cookie dough for at least 2-3 hours or overnight. After refrigerating them, let them sit at room temperature for about an hour before baking to come closer to room temperature.
10. Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Line baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
11. Bake cookies for 8-9 minutes. Remove just as the edges begin to turn golden. Don’t over bake. The cookies will be a little puffy when you take them out of the oven but will fall a bit as they cool. For tips and troubleshooting help, check out the post above or see the video.
12. Remove cookies from the oven and allow to cool on baking sheets for 4-5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. If the cookies have spread a little more than you like, you can use a spoon to gently push the sides in a bit.
Keywords: white chocolate macadamia nut cookies, macadamia nut cookies, white macadamia nut cookies, macadamia cookies