Decedent white chocolate chips are buried in perfectly chewy on the inside, crispy on the edges brown sugar cookies. Yum!
- 2 1/2 cups (325g) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup (168g) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup (112g) packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (104g) granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1–2 tsp of milk
- 1 1/2 cups (254g) white chocolate chips, divided
- Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt in a medium-sized bowl and set aside.
- Cream the butter and sugars together in a large mixer bowl on medium speed until light in color and fluffy. Scrape down the sides of the bowl while it’s mixing a few times, as needed. You should be able to see the change in color and texture happen and know it’s ready.
- Add the egg and egg yolk one at a time and mix until well combined after each addition.
- Add the vanilla extract and mix until well combined.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix until the dough is just combined. Do not over-mix.
- Add a teaspoon of milk and combine on low speed just until incorporated. Use a rubber spatula to finish combing the dough and help it come together. Add an additional teaspoon of milk only if really needed to help the dough come together. You don’t want to add too much liquid and end up with cookies that spread too much.
- Stir in 1 1/4 cups of the white chocolate chips.
- Create 2 tablespoon-sized balls of cookie dough until all the cookie dough has been used.
- Refrigerate the cookie dough for at least 2-3 hours or overnight. After refrigerating them, let them sit at room temperature for about an hour before baking to come closer to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Line baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- Add the cookie dough balls to the baking sheet and use the remaining white chocolate chips to press some into the tops of the cookie dough balls, if desired.
- Bake cookies for 8-9 minutes. Remove just as the edges begin to turn golden. Don’t overbake.
- Remove cookies from the oven and allow to cool on baking sheets for 4-5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. If the cookies have spread a little more than you like, you can use a spoon to gently push the sides in a bit.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 166
- Sugar: 12.5 g
- Sodium: 99.5 mg
- Fat: 8.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 21.1 g
- Protein: 2.1 g
- Cholesterol: 28.2 mg
Keywords: white chocolate chip cookies, chewy cookies, soft cookies