With fresh ingredients and a few seasonings, this Tomato Avocado Salad is an addictive side dish that comes together in minutes. Serve as a side to grilled chicken or steak, or add on top of a salmon fillet. You can even add it to tacos!
- 3–4 tomatoes, chopped
- 2 avocados, peeled and cut into bite sized chunks
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- Zest from 1 lime
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Pepper, to taste
- Add the tomatoes, avocados, red onion and cilantro to a large bowl.
- Drizzle with olive oil and lime juice and add the lime zest, garlic, salt and pepper. Toss gently.
- Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate for a couple hours. Best eaten the day it’s made.
Keywords: tomato avocado salsa, easy avocado recipes, healthy side salad