Thick, soft, chewy, and fully loaded with chocolate chips, this easy recipe turns an everyday treat into the indulgence of a lifetime. Everyone will be smitten with these meltingly tender Chocolate Chip Cookies!
- 2 1/2 cups (325g) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup (168g) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup (112g) packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (52g) sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups (296g) semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Line baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. Set aside.
- Combine the flour, cornstarch, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a medium-sized bowl and set aside.
- Cream the butter and sugars together in a large mixer bowl on medium speed until light in color and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes. You should be able to see the change in color happen and know it’s ready.
- Add the eggs one at a time and mix until well combined after each addition.
- Add the vanilla extract and mix until well combined.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix until mostly combined. Do not over mix.
- Add the chocolate chips and use a silicone spatula to fold everything together into a uniform cookie dough. Dough will be thick and a little sticky.
- Use a 1/4 cup measuring scoop to scoop out the cookie dough and drop onto the prepared baking sheet. Use your fingers or a spatula to shape the cookies and make them a bit round. They should be about the same size as the measuring scoop – thick and tall.
- Bake cookies for 11-12 minutes. The cookies will spread a bit and the centers will look soft but should look done. Remove just as the edges begin to turn golden. Don’t over bake.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool on baking sheets for 4-5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Makes 12-14 cookies.
- To Store: Cooled cookies can be kept in an airtight container at room temperature for 3-4 days. Warm each one in the microwave for 5-10 seconds at a time before digging in if desired.
- To Freeze: Freeze cooled cookies in a heavy-duty freezer bag with all of the air squeezed out for up to 1 month. Alternatively, wrap each cookie in a tight layer of plastic wrap and freeze them in an airtight container. Thaw out frozen cookies before enjoying.
- Serving Size: 1 Cookie
- Calories: 357
- Sugar: 27.3 g
- Sodium: 181.1 mg
- Fat: 18.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 44.9 g
- Protein: 5.1 g
- Cholesterol: 52.7 mg
Keywords: soft chocolate chip cookies, homemade cookies, thick chocolate chip cookies