These Strawberry White Chocolate Mousse Cups are super easy to make and so delicious! Light mousse with fresh strawberries is the perfect dessert for summer!
1. To make the white chocolate mousse, place the white chocolate chips into a medium sized bowl.
2. Heat 6 tbsp (120ml) heavy cream until it just starts to boil, then pour over the white chocolate chips. Cover with clear wrap and let sit for 3-4 minutes, then whisk until smooth. Sometimes the white chocolate doesn’t completely melt. If that happens, microwave white chocolate mixture in 10 second intervals, stirring well between each interval, until smooth. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
3. Whip remaining 1 cup (240ml) of heavy whipping cream in a large mixer bowl fitted with the whisk attachment. Whip until cream begins to thicken, then add powdered sugar and vanilla extract. Continue whisking until stiff peaks form.
4. Carefully fold about 1/3 of the whipped cream into the cooled white chocolate mixture until combined.
5. Fold in the remaining whipped cream until well combined. Mousse will seem a bit thin, but will thicken in the fridge.
6. Divide mousse evenly between 5 cups or jars and refrigerate until firm.
7. While the mousse firms, combine the strawberries, sugar and water and allow to sit in the fridge for 1-2 hours. The sugar will draw water out of the strawberry, creating a “sauce”. Spoon the strawberry mixture over the white chocolate mousse cups before serving.
Keywords: white chocolate mousse, chocolate mousse recipe, easy chocolate mousse, easy chocolate mousse recipe, best chocolate mousse recipe, strawberry dessert, easy strawberry dessert, strawberry dessert recipe