Sweet, salty and creamy, this Strawberry Pretzel Salad is an easy 3-layer dessert bar that’s perfect for summer. An old-fashioned favorite, it will be a hit with generations young and old!
- 6 oz strawberry JELLO
- 2 cups (480ml) boiling water
- 1 lb strawberries, thinly sliced
- 3 cups (97g) pretzels, crushed
- 1/4 cup (52g) sugar
- 1/2 cup (112g) unsalted butter, melted
- 8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup (207g) sugar
- 1 1/4 cups (300ml) heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup (58g) powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Combine strawberry Jello with the boiling water and stir until dissolved. Set aside to cool to about room temperature.
- Combine the crust ingredients and spread evenly into the bottom of a 9×13 pan. Press lightly to help form the crust. Bake for 8-10 minutes, then set aside to cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese and sugar and mix until well combined and smooth. Set aside.
- In another large mixing bowl, combine the heavy whipping cream, powdered sugar and vanilla extract and whip on high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture in two parts until fully combined.
- Spread the cream mixture evenly over the cooled crust, going all the way to the edges of the pan.
- Gently stir the slices strawberries into the cooled Jello mixture, then pour evenly over the cream mixture.
- Refrigerate until set, 2-4 hours, then serve.
Keywords: easy strawberry dessert, strawberry pretzel dessert bars, pretzel jello salad