This strawberry brownie cheesecake is a chewy brownie topped with creamy, tangy no-bake cheesecake and finished with fresh whipped cream and fresh strawberries. It has such a wonderful combination of flavors and textures and is perfect for summer!
- 3/4 cup (98g) all-purpose flour (measured properly)
- 1/2 cup (57g) natural unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp + 1/8 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup (180ml) vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups (310g) sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 20 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 3/4 cup (155g) sugar
- 3 tbsp (44g) sour cream
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup (240ml) heavy whipping cream, cold
- 1/2 cup (58g) powdered sugar
- 2/3 cup (160ml) heavy whipping cream, cold
- 1/3 cup (38g) powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 lb strawberries, sliced
For the brownie
- Preheat oven to 350°F (176°C). Grease a 9-inch springform pan with non-stick baking spray and line the bottom with parchment paper.
- Add the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt to a medium sized bowl and set aside.
- Add the oil, sugar and vanilla extract to large mixing bowl and mix together until well combined.
- Add the eggs and mix until well combined.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix until well combined, but don’t over mix.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and spread evenly.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out with a few crumbs. Remove brownie from oven and allow to cool for about 10-15 minutes, then remove to cooling rack to finish cooling.
- Wash the pan, reassemble it and line the sides of the pan with parchment paper that sticks about an inch above the sides of the pan to account for possible overflow. Add the cooled brownie back into the pan.
To make the cheesecake filling
- Once the brownie is cool, make the cheesecake. In a large mixer bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar together until well combined and smooth.
- Add the sour cream, lemon juice and vanilla extract and beat until well combined and smooth. Set aside.
- In another large mixer bowl, add the heavy whipping cream, powdered sugar and vanilla extract. Whip on high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Carefully fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture in two parts until well combined.
- Top the cooled brownie with the cheesecake mixture and spread into an even layer, then put in refrigerator until firm about 4-5 hours.
- Once firm, remove cheesecake from springform pan. Peel off the parchment paper and smooth out the sides of the cheesecake with an offset spatula, if needed.
For the topping
- To make whipped cream for the top, add the heavy whipping cream, powdered sugar and vanilla extract to a large mixer bowl and whip until stiff peaks form.
- Spread the whipped cream on top of the cheesecake, then top with sliced strawberries. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Cheesecake is best stored well covered or in an air-tight cake carrier. Best if eaten with 4-5 days.
- Serving Size: 1 Slice
- Calories: 559
- Sugar: 44.9 g
- Sodium: 195.1 mg
- Fat: 37.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 52.8 g
- Protein: 6 g
- Cholesterol: 113.8 mg
Keywords: brownie cheesecake, brownie bottom cheesecake, strawberry brownie cheesecake