A chewy brownie topped with no bake vanilla cheesecake, fresh whipped cream and fresh strawberries.
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/3 cup + 2 1/2 tbsp cocoa (I used Hershey’s Dark Cocoa)
- 1/4 tsp + 1/8 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 20 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 lb strawberries, sliced
1. Preheat oven to 350°F (176°C). Grease a 9 inch baking pan, or line it with parchment paper.
2. Mix together the oil, sugar and vanilla extract.
3. Add eggs and mix until well combined.
4. Combine flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt.
5. Slowly add dry ingredients to the egg mixture until well combined.
6. Pour the batter into the pan and spread evenly.
7. Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out with a few crumbs. Remove brownie from oven and allow to cool for about 10-15 minutes, then remove to cooling rack to finish cooling.
8. Once the brownie is cool, make the cheesecake. Beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth.
9. Add vanilla extract and beat until combined.
10. In a separate bowl, whip heavy whipping cream until it starts to thicken. Add the powdered sugar and whip until stiff peaks form.
11. Gently fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture.
12. Place brownie into a 9 inch springform pan. Line the sides of the with parchment paper that sticks about an inch above the sides of the pan to account for possible overflow.
13. Top brownie with cheesecake mixture and spread into an even layer, then put in refrigerator until firm about 4-5 hours.
14. Once firm, remove cheesecake from springform pan.
15. To make whipped cream for the top, whip heavy whipping cream until it starts to thicken. Add the powdered sugar and whip until stiff peaks form.
16. Spread whipped cream on top of cheesecake, then top with strawberries. Refrigerate until ready to serve.