This Sausage Tortellini Alfredo is pure comfort food! Alfredo flavored with sausage and mixed together with tortellini – it’s full of flavor and a favorite meal of ours!
- 1 (9-ounce) package refrigerated three cheese tortellini
- 1lb 3oz package brats (I used Johnsonville Brats)
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper, to taste
1. In large pot of boiling water, cook the tortellini according to package instructions, then drain and set aside.
2. In a large saucepan, cook the brats until cooked through. Remove from pan, slice and set aside.
3. Leave the juices from cooking the sausage in the pan, then add the butter and allow it to melt.
4. Add the garlic and red pepper flakes and cook, stirring regularly, for about 1 minute.
5. Add the flour and whisk until lightly browned, about one minute.
6. Gradually add the milk and heavy whipping cream, whisking constantly, until slightly thickened, about 2-3 minutes.
7. Stir in the cheeses until melted. If you find the sauce is a little thick, you can always add a touch more milk.
8. Stir in the sausage and pasta and add salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 725
- Sugar: 4.9 g
- Sodium: 1178.4 mg
- Fat: 56.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 24.5 g
- Protein: 29.1 g
- Cholesterol: 159.4 mg
Keywords: easy pasta dinner, sausage dinner recipe, quick weeknight dinner, work week pasta dish