These easy Red Velvet Cheesecake Cookie Cups are soft, chewy, and full of classic red velvet cake flavor with a creamy cheesecake filling! These tasty little cheesecake cookies are perfect for Valentine’s Day!
RED VELVET COOKIE CUPS
1. Spray cupcake pan with non stick cooking spray. Preheat oven to 350°F (176°C).
2. Cream butter and sugar together for 3-4 minutes, until light and fluffy.
3. Add the egg, vanilla extract, vinegar and red food color and mix until well combined.
4. Combine the flour, cornstarch, baking soda, cocoa powder and salt in a medium bowl, then add to the wet ingredients and mix until well combined.
5. Makes balls of about 2 tbsp of dough. Press cookie dough in bottom and about 1/3-1/2 way up the sides of each cupcake cup, forming a cup shape.
6. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the edges are set and the centers look a little undercooked.
7. Remove from oven and allow to cool for about 5 minutes, then remove to cooling rack to finish cooling. The centers should fall a bit while cooling, but if the centers aren’t cupped enough to add filling, use the underside of a measuring tablespoon to press the center down a bit.
8. Once cookie have cooled, make the cheesecake filling. Beat the cream cheese until smooth.
9. Add the powdered sugar, vanilla extract and icing color and mix until smooth.
10. Pipe the cheesecake filling into the cookie cups and top with sprinkles. Cookie cups should be refrigerated until served.
Keywords: red velvet cookies recipe, red velvet cheesecake recipe, cheesecake cookies, easy cheesecake recipe, red velvet recipe, valentines day recipe, red velvet cake recipe, best red velvet cake recipe, easy red velvet cake recipe