This Raspberry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake might just be the best breakfast cake I’ve ever had. I am SO in love with it. A warm slice with a cup of Folgers Coffee has been my breakfast every morning for a week!
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 + 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup (115g) raspberries, cut in half
- 3/4 cup (155g) sugar
- 9 tbsp (126g) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 6 tbsp (90ml) sour cream
- 6 tbsp (90ml) milk
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups (195g) all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1–2 tbsp milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a 9 inch cake pan with a circle of parchment paper in the bottom and grease the sides.
2. To prepare the streusel, add flour, brown sugar, cinnamon and melted butter to a medium sized bowl and mix with a fork until all ingredients are incorporated. Set aside.
3. To prepare the cream cheese filling, beat cream cheese and sugar together with a mixer until smooth.
4. Add the egg white and vanilla extract and mix until well incorporated. Set aside egg yolk for cake batter. Set aside cream cheese mixture.
5. To make the cake batter, beat sugar and butter until light in color and fluffy, 3-4 minutes.
6. Add sour cream and milk and mix until well incorporated. The batter may seem a little curdled.
7. Add egg, egg yolk and vanilla extract and mix until smooth.
8. Combine flour, baking powder and salt in a separate bowl.
9. Add dry ingredients to batter and mix until smooth.
10. Spread half of the cake batter into the bottom of the cake pan.
11. Spread the cream cheese filling evenly over the cake batter, then arrange raspberries for the filling in an even layer over the cream cheese.
12. Spread remaining cake batter over the filling, then sprinkle the streusel evenly over the top of the cake.
13. Bake coffee cake for 40-45 minutes. It may still seem a little jiggly in the center when you remove it, which is because of the cheesecake. The cake should be a nice golden color on top.
14. Allow cake to cool and remove from cake pan.
15. Combine glaze ingredients and whisk until smooth. Drizzle over the cake. You can serve it warm or refrigerate it and serve it cool. If you refrigerate it before serving and want to eat it warm, you can microwave individual pieces for 10-15 seconds.
- Serving Size: 1 Slice
- Calories: 315
- Sugar: 24.9 g
- Sodium: 113 mg
- Fat: 16.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 38.7 g
- Protein: 4.4 g
- Cholesterol: 68.8 mg
Keywords: coffee cake recipe, cream cheese coffee cake, coffee cake with cream cheese, raspberry coffee cake, breakfast cake, easy coffee cake, homemade coffee cake, how to make coffee cake, raspberry cake, cream cheese cake