This easy Pumpkin Spice Buttercream Frosting is perfect for fall! It’s flavored with pumpkin and lots of spice and great for frosting cakes, cupcakes, cookies and more!
1. Combine butter and shortening in a large mixer bowl and beat until well combined.
2. Add 2 cups of powdered sugar and mix until well combined and smooth.
3. Add vanilla extract and 3-4 tablespoons of pumpkin puree and mix until well combined and smooth.
4. Add spices and mix until well combined.
5. Add the remaining powdered sugar and mix until well combined and smooth.
6. Add additional pumpkin puree until desired consistency is reached. Check out my post on frosting consistency, if needed.
Use canned pumpkin puree, not pumpkin pie filling.
Keywords: pumpkin buttercream frosting, pumpkin spice buttercream frosting, pumpkin frosting, homemade buttercream frosting, how to make buttercream frosting, thanksgiving dessert recipe, thanksgiving dessert idea