These Moist Pumpkin Cupcakes are topped with cream cheese frosting! They are light, fluffy and full of pumpkin flavor and pumpkin spice!
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F (176°C) and line a cupcake pan with cupcake liners.
2. Add the oil, brown sugar, vanilla extract and eggs to a mixer bowl and mix until smooth.
3. In a separate medium-sized bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, cloves and salt.
4. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until well combined and smooth.
5. Add the pumpkin puree and mix until well combined.
6. Fill each cupcake liner about ¾ full.
7. Bake pumpkin cupcakes for 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
8. Remove cupcakes from the oven and place on a cooling rack to cool.
9. To make the frosting, combine the cream cheese and butter and mix until smooth.
10. Add about half of the powdered sugar and mix until smooth.
11. Add the vanilla extract and mix until smooth.
12. Add the remaining powdered sugar and mix until smooth.
13. Use a large round piping tip to pipe the frosting onto the cupcakes. To see how to pipe the dome frosting I used, see my cupcake frosting tutorial.
14. Top the cupcakes with a candy pumpkin, if desired. Refrigerate until ready to serve and serve at room temperature. Cupcakes are best if eaten within 3-4 days.
Keywords: pumpkin cupcakes, easy pumpkin cupcakes, fluffy pumpkin cupcakes, cream cheese frosting, pumpkin desserts, easy pumpkin cupcakes