This smooth and creamy Pumpkin Cheesecake features a buttery graham cracker crust and fluffy swirls of whipped cream cheese frosting. Spiced with cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and cloves, it’s bound to become your go-to pumpkin dessert.
For the Graham Cracker Crust
- 2 1/4 cups (302g) graham cracker crumbs
- 10 tbsp (140g) salted butter, melted
- 3 tbsp (42g) packed light brown sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
For the Spiced Pumpkin Cheesecake Filling
- 24 ounces (678g) cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup (225g) packed light brown sugar
- 3 tbsp (24g) all purpose flour
- 15 oz can pureed pumpkin
- 1/4 cup (58g) sour cream
- 1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 3/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
For the Whipped Cream Cheese Frosting
- 4 oz (113g) cream cheese, room temperature
- 3/4 cup (180ml) heavy whipping cream, cold
- 6 tbsp (86g) powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Chopped pecans
Make the Crust
- Preheat oven to 325°F (163°C). Line a 9-inch (23cm) springform pan with parchment paper in the bottom and grease the sides.
- Combine the crust ingredients in a small bowl. Press the mixture into the bottom and up the sides of the springform pan.
- Bake the crust for 10 minutes, then set aside to cool.
- Cover the outsides of the pan with aluminum foil (I also use a plastic crock pot liner – see full method for preventing your water bath from leaking here) so that water from the water bath cannot get in. Set prepared pan aside.
Make the Filling
- Reduce oven to 300°F (148°C).
- In a large mixer bowl, mix the cream cheese, brown sugar and flour until well combined (Use low speed to keep less air from getting into the batter, which can cause cracks). Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Add the pumpkin, sour cream, vanilla extract and spices and mix on low speed until well combined.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating slowly and scraping the sides of the bowl after each addition.
- Pour the cheesecake filling into the crust and spread evenly.
- Place springform pan (covered with aluminum foil) inside another larger pan. Fill the larger pan with enough warm water to go about halfway up the sides of the springform pan. The water should not go above the top edge of the aluminum foil on the springform pan.
- Bake for 1 hour and 30 minutes. Keep an eye on it. All ovens are different. You want it to be set around the edges and jiggly in the center couple of inches before moving on.
- Turn off heat and leave cheesecake in oven with door closed for 30 minutes.
- Crack oven door and leave the cheesecake in the oven for about 20 minutes.
- Remove cheesecake from oven and chill until firm, 5-6 hours or overnight.
Make the Topping & Decorate
- When the cheesecake is cool and firm, remove from the springform pan and set on a serving plate.
- To make the whipped cream, add the cream cheese to a large mixer bowl and beat until smooth.
- Add the remaining ingredients and whip on high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Pipe the whipped cream around the edge of the cheesecake, then finish it off with chopped pecans.
- Refrigerate the cheesecake until ready to serve.
- Makes 12-14 slices
- To Store: Cheesecake is best when stored well covered in the fridge and eaten within 4-5 days.
- To Freeze: Wrap fully set cheesecake (without topping) in plastic wrap or foil and freeze in a heavy-duty storage bag for up to 3 months. Thaw in the fridge before adding topping and enjoying.
- Serving Size: 1 Slice
- Calories: 410
- Sugar: 26.9 g
- Sodium: 333.9 mg
- Fat: 26.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 35.9 g
- Protein: 8.2 g
- Cholesterol: 121.4 mg
Keywords: easy pumpkin cheesecake, whipped cream cheese frosting, cheesecake with graham cracker crust