These Pumpkin Cheesecake Swirl Cupcakes are a fun combination of pumpkin cake and pumpkin cheesecake all in one easy-to-eat cupcake! Totally addicting!
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a cupcake pan with cupcake liners.
2. To make the cheesecake filling, add the cream cheese and sugar to a large mixer bowl and beat until smooth.
3. Add the sour cream and vanilla extract and beat until well combined.
4. Add the egg white and beat until well combined. Set mixture aside.
5. To make the cupcake batter, add the butter, oil and milk to another large mixer bowl and whisk until smooth.
6. Add the brown sugar and whisk until well combined.
7. Add the vanilla extract and eggs and whisk until well combined.
8. In a separate medium-sized bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, cloves and salt.
9. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and beat until well combined.
10. Fold in the pumpkin puree until well combined.
11. Add 1 tablespoon of cupcake batter to the bottom of each cupcake liner, spreading it so that it covers the bottom.
12. Add 1/2 a tablespoon of the cheesecake filling to the center of the batter.
13. Add another tablespoon of cupcake batter and another half tablespoon of cheesecake batter.
14. Top the cupcakes with another tablespoon of cupcake batter, then swirl everything around with a toothpick.
15. Bake the cupcakes for 15-17 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out with a few crumbs.
16. Remove cupcakes from the oven and allow to cool for 2-3 minutes, then remove to a cooling rack to finish cooling. The centers may fall a bit as they cool, which is ok. It’s from the cooling of the cheesecake layers.
17. To make the frosting, beat the cream cheese and butter together in a large mixer bowl until well combined and smooth.
18. Add the powdered sugar and mix until well combined and smooth.
19. Add the cinnamon and vanilla extract and mix until well combined.
20. Pipe the frosting onto the cooled cupcakes. I used Ateco tip 844.
21. Refrigerate the cupcakes until ready to serve. Cupcakes are best when stored well covered in the fridge for 3-4 days.
Keywords: pumpkin cake, pumpkin cheesecake, pumpkin cupcakes, pumpkin desserts, cream cheese frosting recipe