This Pumpkin Bread French Toast recipe is one seriously over-the-top breakfast that’s totally worth it! Warm pumpkin bread with a crisp crust from cooking – it’s truly amazing!
5–6 pieces of pumpkin bread*
1/3 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1–2 tbsp unsalted butter
1. Make the pumpkin bread according to that recipe. The recipe makes two loaves, so you can cut it in half for one loaf or eat the other one. It freezes well too, if you’d like to save it for later. You can make the pumpkin bread several days before making the french toast, if you like.
2. When ready to make the french toast, add the eggs, milk, vanilla and ground cinnamon to a shallow dish and whisk together to combine. Set aside.
3. Heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat and melt about 1/2 a tablespoon of butter.
4. With one slice of pumpkin bread at a time, dip bread into mixture then flip and dip opposite side. You don’t need to let it soak – a quick dip and rub in the egg mixture should do it.
5. Immediately place the bread into the preheated skillet and cook until golden brown on both sides. I can usually get two or three slices in my skillet at one time.
6. Repeat with remaining pumpkin bread slices and egg mixture, adding additional butter before adding a new round of slices.
7. Serve warm. Top with butter, maple syrup or any toppings that you’d like.
NOTE: Make the pumpkin bread according to that recipe. The recipe makes two loaves, so you can cut it in half for one loaf or eat the other one. It freezes well too, if you’d like to save it for later. You can make the pumpkin bread several days before making the french toast, if you like. The french toast recipe only uses half of one loaf, but you can double the ingredients for the egg mixture to use the full loaf, if you’d like.
- Serving Size: 1 slice of french toast
- Calories: 289
- Sugar: 26.8 g
- Sodium: 44.6 mg
- Fat: 12.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 40.3 g
- Protein: 5.6 g
- Cholesterol: 118.7 mg
Keywords: pumpkin bread french toast, french toast, french toast recipe, how to make french toast, best french toast recipe, best bread for french toast