1. Prepare a 9×13 cake pan. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Whisk together first 6 ingredients (wet ingredients) in a large bowl until combined. Set aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together next 4 ingredients (dry ingredients) until combined.
4. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix on medium high until completely combined.
5. Pour batter into cake pan and bake for 30-33 minutes. Cake is done when a toothpick inserted comes out with a few crumbs.
6. After you remove the cake from the oven, poke holes all over the cake. I use a meat sharpening rod, but you could also use the end of a wooden spoon or something similar.
7. In a small bowl, combine sweetened condensed milk and 1/2 cup Nutella. Mixture will be a little thick.
8. Pour mixture over the top of the cake. It will slowly soak into the holes of the cake and leave a little layer on top.
9. In another bowl, use a rubber spatula to carefully mix together 1/2 cup of Nutella and 3 tbsp of heavy whipping cream. It will help to thin out the Nutella so that it’s easier to add to the whipped cream. It might seem like it won’t combine at first, but keep mixing and it’ll smooth out.
10. To make whipped cream, whip 2 cups of heavy whipping cream until it begins to thicken.
11. Add powdered sugar and continue whipping until whipped cream is stiff. You’ll want it to be plenty stiff, because the Nutella will thin it out a bit.
12. Gently fold the thinned Nutella into the whipped cream.
13. Spread whipped cream evenly over the cake, then top with chocolate sauce and crushed candies, if desired. Refrigerate unit already to serve, at least 2-3 hours.
Keywords: poke cake recipe, red velvet cake recipe, best red velvet cake recipe, nutella cake, best red velvet cake, easy red velvet cake recipe, moist red velvet cake recipe, how to make red velvet cake, homemade red velvet cake