Smooth, creamy no bake orange flavored cheesecake with sweet but tart cranberries
- 2 cups sugar, divided
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- 2 cups vanilla wafer crumbs
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 24 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp orange juice
- 1/2 tbsp orange zest
- 8 oz Cool Whip (or homemade whipped cream*)
1. To make the cranberries, bring 1 cup sugar and water to a simmer in a saucepan. Simmer until sugar is completely dissolved.
2. Pour simple syrup into a heatproof bowl and allow to cool for about 10 minutes.
3. Add cranberries and stir to coat.
4. Refrigerate cranberries in syrup overnight, stirring a couple times to coat with syrup.
5. While cranberries soak, make the crust. Combine vanilla wafer crumbs with sugar. Add melted butter and stir to coat.
6. Grease the bottom and sides of a 9 inch springform pan. Press crumbs into the bottom and halfway up the sides of the pan. Set in refrigerator to firm.
7. Mix cream cheese, sugar, orange juice and orange zest together in a large bowl until smooth and well combined.
8. Gently stir in 8 oz of Cool Whip.
9. Spread filling evenly into the crust and smooth the top.
10. Refrigerate for about 4-6 hours or until firm.
11. Remove cranberries from syrup and roll in remaining cup of sugar. You’ll need to roll them a few times to get a couple layers of sugar on them. Set cranberries aside to dry for about 30 minutes to an hour.
12. Remove cheesecake from springform pan and top with sugared cranberries. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
*If using homemade whipped cream, I use 1 1/4 cups heavy whipping cream and 3/4 cup powdered sugar to replace the Cool Whip.
- Serving Size: 1 Slice
- Calories: 481
- Sugar: 56.7 g
- Sodium: 170.7 mg
- Fat: 25.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 63.2 g
- Protein: 3.4 g
- Cholesterol: 60 mg