This smooth and creamy No Bake Peppermint Cheesecake is a festive make-ahead dessert for the holidays! It has a crumbly wafer crust, a minty filling with crushed peppermint and a light whipped cream on top.
For the Crust
- 2 1/4 cups (302g) vanilla wafer crumbs
- 2 tbsp (26g) sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 10 tbsp (140g) unsalted butter, melted
For the Filling
- 24 oz (678g) cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup (104g) sugar
- 6 oz white chocolate, melted and slightly cooled
- 2 1/4 tsp peppermint extract
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups (300ml) heavy whipping cream, cold
- 3/4 cup (86g) powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup crushed peppermint candies
For the Whipped Cream
- 1 cup (ml) heavy whipping cream, cold
- 1/2 cup (58g) powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp peppermint extract
- Red gel icing color
- Crushed peppermint candies
- In a medium bowl, combine the crust ingredients and mix well to combine completely.
- Press the mixture into the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch springform pan. Set in the fridge to chill.
- In a large mixer bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar together until well combined and smooth.
- Add the melted and slightly cooled white chocolate in three parts and mix until well combined and smooth after each addition.
- Add the peppermint and vanilla extract and mix until well combined and smooth. Set mixture aside.
- In another large mixer bowl, add the heavy whipping cream and powdered sugar. Whip on high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Carefully fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture in two parts until well combined.
- Gently fold in the crushed peppermint.
- Add the filling to the crust and spread into an even layer. Refrigerate cheesecake until firm, 5-6 hours or overnight.
- To finish off the cheesecake, remove it from the springform pan and set on a plate or serving platter.
- Add the heavy whipping cream, powdered sugar, vanilla extract and peppermint extract for the whipped cream topping to a large mixer bowl. Whip on high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Add red gel icing color and gently stir together until combined.
- Pipe shells of whipped cream around the edge of the cheesecake. Top the cheesecake off with additional peppermint candy pieces.
- Refrigerate cheesecake until ready to serve. Cheesecake is best eaten within 4-5 days.
Keywords: peppermint cheesecake, chocolate peppermint cake, no bake cheesecake, no bake cheesecake recipe, easy no bake cheesecake recipe, christmas cheesecake, christmas cake