These Moist and Chewy Banana Oatmeal Cookies are hands down the best banana flavored cookie I’ve ever had. Not only are they moist and chewy for days, they are unmistakably banana-y!
- 1 1/2 cups (195g) all-purpose flour (measured accurately)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 3/4 cup (168g) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup (225g) packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (104g) sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup mashed over ripe bananas
- 3 cups (240g) quick 1-minute oats
- Add the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, salt and cornstarch to a medium sized bowl and whisk together. Set aside.
- Add the melted butter and sugars to a large bowl and whisk to combine.
- Add the egg and vanilla extract and whisk together until well combined.
- Add the mashed bananas and whisk together until well combined.
- Add the dry ingredients and fold together just until well combined.
- Add the oats and fold together until well combined.
- Create cookie dough balls that are 1 ½ tablespoons in size. You can refrigerate the cookie dough before baking, if you’d like, but you don’t have to. I think the flavors get even better if you refrigerate the cookie dough for at least 2-3 hours, or overnight.
- When you’re ready to bake the cookies, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with a silicon baking mat or parchment paper. (No need to bring the cookies to room temperature. You can bake them immediately after pulling them from the fridge.)
- Bake the cookies for about 10 minutes or until golden around the edges and lightly golden on top.
- Allow the cookies to cool for about 5 minutes, then move to a cooling rack lined with parchment paper to cool completely. The cookies can stick to the parchment paper a little bit. I find that it helps them to release if you give them a little twist on the paper before lifting them up.
- Store cookies in an air-tight container with parchment paper between the stacks of cookies so they don’t stick to each other. Cookies are best if eaten within 4-5 days.
- Serving Size: 1 Cookie
- Calories: 119
- Sugar: 8.3 g
- Sodium: 71.7 mg
- Fat: 4 g
- Carbohydrates: 17.9 g
- Protein: 1.8 g
- Cholesterol: 15.3 mg
Keywords: oatmeal cookies recipe, banana oatmeal cookies, best oatmeal cookies, easy oatmeal cookies, easy oatmeal cookies recipe, banana cookies, banana cookies with oatmeal, banana cookies recipe, healthy oatmeal cookies, healthy banana cookies