Soft espresso-soaked ladyfinger cookies are layered with a creamy mascarpone filling in these glorious Tiramisu Trifles! They’re finished off with a swirl of Kahlua whipped cream and a sprinkle of cocoa powder.
For the Mascarpone Filling
- 20 oz (565g) mascarpone cheese
- 3 tbsp (39g) sugar
- 1 cup (240ml) heavy whipping cream, cold
- 1/2 cup (58g) powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
For the Espresso-Soaked Ladyfingers
- 3/4 cup (180ml) hot water
- 3 tbsp (45ml) instant espresso powder
- 3 tbsp (39g) sugar
- 36 ladyfingers (the softer, more cake-like kind)
For the Kahlua Whipped Cream
- 1/2 cup (120ml) heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup (29g) powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp (30ml) Kahlua
- Mix mascarpone cheese and sugar together until combined. Do not over mix or the mascarpone cheese can thin out. Set aside.
- In another bowl, add the heavy whipping cream, powdered sugar and vanilla extract and whip until stiff peaks form.
- Carefully fold the whipped cream into the mascarpone cheese mixture. Set aside.
- In another bowl, combine the hot water, espresso powder and sugar.
- To layer the trifles, dip the ladyfingers into the espresso mixture one at a time and place into the bottom of the trifle cup. Use two to three ladyfingers and break into pieces as needed so they fit in the cup and create a full layer.
- Pipe or spoon a layer of mascarpone filling on top of the ladyfingers.
- Repeat another layer of ladyfingers and mascarpone filling.
- After completing the trifles, make the whipped cream.
- Add the heavy whipping cream, powdered sugar and kahlua to a large mixer bowl and whip until stiff peaks form.
- Pipe a swirl of whipped cream on top of each trifle, then sprinkle with cocoa powder, if desired.
- Refrigerate trifles until ready to serve.
- Makes 5-6 mini trifles.
- Trifles can be kept in the fridge, well covered, for 2-3 days.
- Serving Size: 1 Mini Trifle
- Calories: 979
- Sugar: 28.7 g
- Sodium: 167.9 mg
- Fat: 70.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 71.6 g
- Protein: 15.5 g
- Cholesterol: 333.1 mg
Keywords: easy desserts no bake, trifles desserts, how to make tiramisu