Mini Tiramisu Trifles with a layer of mascarpone cheese, ladyfingers and espresso! A delicious, easy & fun way to enjoy tiramisu & trifle at the same time!
1. Mix mascarpone cheese and sugar together until combined. Do not over mix or the mascarpone cheese can thin out. Set aside.
2. In another bowl, add the heavy whipping cream, powdered sugar and vanilla extract and whip until stiff peaks form.
3. Carefully fold the whipped cream into the mascarpone cheese mixture. Set aside.
4. In another bowl, combine the hot water, espresso powder and sugar.
5. To layer the trifles, dip the ladyfingers into the espresso mixture one at a time and place into the bottom of the trifle cup. Use two to three ladyfingers and break into pieces as needed so they fit in the cup and create a full layer.
6. Pipe or spoon a layer of mascarpone filling on top of the ladyfingers.
7. Repeat another layer of ladyfingers and mascarpone filling.
8. After completing the trifles, make the whipped cream.
9. Add the heavy whipping cream, powdered sugar and kahlua to a large mixer bowl and whip until stiff peaks form.
10. Pipe a swirl of whipped cream on top of each trifle, then sprinkle with cocoa powder, if desired.
11. Refrigerate trifles until ready to serve. Trifles are best for 2-3 days.
* I used the softer more cake-like ladyfingers in these trifles, as opposed to the more traditional hard ladyfingers.
Keywords: tiramisu recipe, tiramisu trifle, mini tiramisu, mini trifle recipe, tiramisu dessert