These Mini Rose Cheesecakes are so lovely for Valentine’s Day and are flavored with rose water! They make a romantic little treat that’s great for gifting!
- 1 cup (134g) vanilla wafer cookie crumbs (or graham cracker crumbs)
- 2 tbsp (26g) sugar
- 4 tbsp (56g) salted butter, melted
- 12 oz (339g) cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup (104g) sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp (12g) flour
- 1/4 cup (58g) sour cream
- 1/2 tsp rosewater
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- Pink gel icing color, optional
- 3 oz white chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp heavy whipping cream
- 1/8 tsp rosewater
- Sprinkles, optional
- Rose toppers
1. Preheat oven to 325°F (162°C). Add cupcake liners to a cupcake pan and spray them with non-stick spray.
2. Combine the cookie crumbs, sugar and melted butter until well combined. Divide the mixture between the cupcake liners (about 1 1/2 tablespoons per cup) and press into the bottoms.
3. Bake the crusts for 5 minutes then remove from the oven. Allow to cool while you make the cheesecake filling.
4. To make the filling, reduce oven to 300°F (148°C). In a large bowl, mix the cream cheese, sugar, and flour until combined (Use low speed to keep less air from getting into the batter, which can cause cracks). Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
5. Add the sour cream, rosewater and vanilla extract. Beat on low speed until well combined.
6. Add the eggs one at a time, beating slowly and scraping the sides of the bowl after each addition.
7. Add the gel icing color, if using, and gently fold to combine.
8. Divide the cheesecake batter between the cups in the pan. The cups should be mostly full.
9. Bake the cheesecakes for 18-20 minutes, then turn off the oven and leave the door closed for another 10 minutes.
10. Crack the oven door and allow cheesecakes to cool for 15-20 minutes
11. While the cheesecakes finish cooling, make the white chocolate ganache. Add the white chocolate chips to a medium sized bowl. Heat the cream and rosewater just until it begins to bubble, then pour over the white chocolate.
12. Let the chocolate and cream sit for a minute or two, then whisk together. If it’s not completely melted, pop it in the microwave for about 10 seconds, then whisk until melted and smooth.
13. Remove the cheesecakes from the oven and divide the ganache between the mini cheesecakes, about 1/2 to 1 tablespoon per cheesecake.
14. Top the cheesecakes with some sprinkles, if desired, and rose toppers. The rose toppers stick best if added before the ganache has cooled completely.
15. Put the mini cheesecakes in the fridge to finish cooling, then serve. Note that the rose toppers will be fine in the fridge for 24 hours or so, but eventually the condensation could cause the colors to run a bit.
Keywords: mini rose cheesecakes, mini cheesecakes recipe, rose dessert, how to make mini cheescakes