These Mini Cherry Almond Cheesecakes are made with an almond filling studded with maraschino cherries and topped with cherry flavored whipped cream! It’s a flavor combination that I love and is so refreshing!
1. Preheat oven to 325°F (162°C). Add cupcake liners to a cupcake pan.
2. Combine the vanilla wafer cookies crumbs, sugar and melted butter. Divide the mixture between the cupcake liners (about 2 tablespoons per cup) and press into the bottoms.
3. Bake the crusts for 5 minutes then remove from oven. Allow to cool while you make the filling.
4. To make the filling, reduce oven to 300°F (148°C). In a large bowl, mix the cream cheese, sugar, and flour until combined (Use low speed to keep less air from getting into the batter, which can cause cracks). Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
5. Add the sour cream and almond extract. Beat on low speed until well combined.
6. Add the eggs one at a time, beating slowly and scraping the sides of the bowl after each addition.
7. Gently stir in the chopped cherries.
8. Divide the filling between the cheesecake cups until the cups are mostly full.
9. Bake the cheesecakes for 18-20 minutes, then turn off the oven and leave the door closed for another 10 minutes.
10. Crack the oven door and allow cheesecakes to cool for 15-20 minutes, then put in the fridge to finish cooling.
11. When cheesecakes are cooled, remove them from the pan.
12. To make the whipped cream, add the cream, powdered sugar and cherry juice to a large mixer bowl fitted with the whisk attachment. Whip on high speed until stiff peaks form.
13. Pipe the whipped cream onto the tops of the cheesecakes and top with a cherry.
14. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Keywords: how to make cheesecake, mini cheesecake recipe, easy cheesecake recipe, almond dessert recipe, cherry dessert