These Love Bug Oreo Cookie Balls are so fun for Valentine’s Day and a great treat for sharing! Learn how to make them with simple ingredients – pretzels, eyeball candies and sprinkles!
1. Add the Oreo cookies to a food processor or blender and crush into crumbs.
2. Mix the cream cheese and cookie crumbs together in a bowl until well combined. You should easily be able to form balls.
3. Form balls from the cookie mixture about 1 inch in size. I used about 1 tablespoon of the mixture per ball.
4. Put the balls in the fridge for about 1 hour to firm up a bit.
5. While the balls chill, prepare the antennae. You’ll need about 30 pretzel sticks. Break each stick in half. If you want to dip them into white candy coating, melt the candy coating and dip each pretzel half into the coating, then set on parchment paper to dry. Use some additional candy coating to attach some heart sprinkles to the tops of the antennae. If you aren’t using the white candy coating, just melt a little bit of the red candy coating and use that to attach the hearts and let them dry.
6. When the Oreo balls have been chilled, melt the red candy coating and dip the chilled balls into the melted candy coating and set on parchment paper. I use a toothpick for dipping and put the toothpick into the back of the ball when I dip them. Lightly shake off excess candy coating, then set the ball on the parchment paper and gently twist the toothpick while pulling it out. Use a little dab of candy coating to fill in the hole where the toothpick was. NOTE: If you chill the cookie balls for longer than an hour prior to dipping, you might want to let them warm up a bit. If the balls are too cold, the candy coating will harden too quickly and it’ll be harder to attach the antennae. You do want the balls to be chilled enough that they are easy to dip into the candy coating though.
7. VERY quickly add the antennae to the cookie ball and hold them there for a few seconds until they stay in place. The candy coating will dry quickly.
8. Add the eyes and heart mouth using a little extra candy coating to attach them.
9. Store cookie balls in the fridge. Cookie balls should be good for about 1 week.
1. You can leave the filling in the Oreos that are crushed for the balls.
Keywords: love bug oreo cookie balls, oreo cookie balls, valentines day dessert idea, easy valentines dessert,