These Lemon Coconut Macaroons are so yummy with their light lemon flavor, chewy coconut and white chocolate bottoms! You’ll want to eat them all!
- 14 oz sweetened shredded coconut
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 2 1/2 tbsp lemon zest
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 egg whites, room temperature
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 6 oz melting white chocolate
1. Preheat the oven to 325°F (163°C).
2. Combine the coconut, sweetened condensed milk, lemon zest, lemon juice and vanilla extract in a large bowl. Set aside.
3. Add the egg whites and salt to a large mixer bowl and whip on high speed with the whisk attachment until they reach stiff peaks.
4. Carefully fold the egg whites into the coconut mixture.
5. Drop rounded tablespoons of the coconut mixture onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
6. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until lightly brown. Allow to cool.
7. Melt the white chocolate according to the instructions on the package.
8. Dip of the bottom of the macaroons into the chocolate and place on parchment paper to dry.
9. Drizzle the remaining chocolate over the tops of the cookies, then sprinkle with additional lemon zest, if desired.
10. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
Macaroons modified from coconut macaroons recipe.
- Serving Size: 1 Macaroon
- Calories: 312
- Sugar: 37.7 g
- Sodium: 171 mg
- Fat: 16.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 39.1 g
- Protein: 4.8 g
- Cholesterol: 14.5 mg
Keywords: coconut macaroons, passover dessert, passover macaroons, how to make macaroons, gluten free dessert, coconut dessert, coconut cookies