This Key Lime Pie recipe is seriously the best! Buttery graham cracker crust with creamy key lime filling and topped with whipped cream.
Graham Cracker Crust
- 1 1/2 cups (201g) graham cracker crumbs (about 11 full sheet graham crackers)
- 3 tbsp (39g) sugar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup (112g) unsalted butter, melted
Key Lime Pie Filling
- 1 3/4 cups (420ml) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup (240ml) key lime juice
- 1/4 cup (60ml) fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup (52g) sugar
- 5 large egg yolks
- 1/4 tsp salt
Whipped Cream Topping
- 1 cup (240ml) heavy whipping cream, cold
- 1/2 cup (58g) powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Lime slices, optional
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- To make the crust, add the graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and salt to a large bowl and stir to combine. Add the melted butter and stir until well combined and crumbly.
- Pour the mixture into a deep dish 9-inch pie pan and spread the crumbs around so that they are evenly dispersed. Press the crumbs into the bottom and up the sides of the pan.
- Bake crust for 5 minutes, then set aside to cool.
- To make the filling, whisk all of the ingredients together in a medium sized bowl.
- Pour the filling into the pie crust and bake for about 25-30 minutes, or until the edges are set and the center is just set but still jiggly.
- Cool on cooling rack for an hour, then refrigerate until firm, 5-6 hours.
- To make the whipped cream, add the cream, powdered sugar and vanilla extract to a large mixer bowl and whip on high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Pipe whipped cream swirls around the edge of the pie. I added half slices of limes between each swirl, but feel free to decorate as desired.
- Store pie covered in the fridge. Pie is best if eaten within 4-5 days.
Store pie covered in the fridge and enjoy within 4-5 days.
- Serving Size: 1 Slice
- Calories: 340
- Sugar: 38.3 g
- Sodium: 164.7 mg
- Fat: 17.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 42.6 g
- Protein: 5.4 g
- Cholesterol: 123.7 mg
Keywords: key lime pie recipe, best key lime pie, easy key lime pie