1. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth.
2. Add ginger, cinnamon, cloves, molasses and milk and mix until smooth.
3. Stir in 8 oz of Cool Whip (or homemade whipped cream).
4. In a large trifle dish, break up gingerbread cookies to make an even layer.
5. Top cookies with half of cream cheese mixture.
6. Top cream cheese mixture with 1/2 a cup of caramel sauce.
7. Top caramel sauce with about 6 oz of Cool Whip (or homemade whipped cream).
8. Repeat steps 4-7, then finish off trifle with gingerbread crumbs.
9. Refrigerate until ready to serve, at least 4 hours. Can be made the night before and refrigerated overnight.