These German Chocolate Cookie Stacks are homemade German chocolate cookies and coconut pecan frosting layered into fun cookie stacks. They are delicious chocolate coconut cookies that everyone will love.
- 3/4 cup butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 8 oz german chocolate, melted
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 4 egg yolks
- 12oz can evaporated milk
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 2/3 cups coconut
- 1 1/4 cups chopped pecans
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cream butter, sugars and chocolate together for 3-4 minutes, until light and fluffy.
3. Add the egg and vanilla and beat until well combined.
4. Add the flour, baking soda and cornstarch and mix until smooth.
5. Scoop balls of about 1 tbsp of dough out onto a cookie sheet lined with a silicone baking mat, or parchment paper.
6. Bake for 8-9 minutes.
7. Remove from oven and allow to cool for about 3 minutes, then remove to cooling rack to finish cooling.
8. Once cooled, make the frosting. In a large saucepan, combine the egg yolks, milk and vanilla and whisk until well combined.
9. Add sugar and butter and cook on medium heat for 12-15 minutes, or until thickened (almost pudding-like) and golden brown, stirring constantly.
10. Remove from heat and add coconut and pecans. Mix well.
11. Allow to cool completely.
12. Using three cookies per stack, layer the cookies into stacks with the coconut pecan frosting. Each stack should have three layers of frosting. If the frosting is too thin, add more coconut until thickened. Refrigerate cookies until ready to serve.
- Serving Size: 1 stack
- Calories: 810
- Sugar: 64.9 g
- Sodium: 665.2 mg
- Fat: 32.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 109.3 g
- Protein: 25.6 g
- Cholesterol: 92.1 mg
Keywords: german chocolate cookies, german chocolate cookie, chocolate coconut cookie, a chocolate cookie recipe, chocolate cookies, chocolate cookie recipe, homemade cookie recipe