TO MAKE THE FUNFETTI CHEESECAKE:
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Line the bottom of a 9 inch springform pan with parchment paper and grease the sides.
2. In a large bowl, blend the cream cheese, sugar and flour. Use low speed to keep less air from getting into the batter.
3. Add the sour cream and 2 eggs. Beat until just combined.
4. Add other 2 eggs, sprinkles and almond and butter extracts. Beat until combined.
5. Pour the filling into the pan. Drop onto the counter a few times to release any air bubbles.
6. Wrap bottom of pan in aluminum foil and prepare it for a water bath.
7. Place foil wrapped pan in a another pan large enough for a water bath. Fill water pan with warm water about half way up the sides of the springform pan.
8. Bake for 1 hour and 30 minutes.
9. Turn off heat and leave in oven with door closed for 20 minutes or until set. Center of cheesecake will not look fully cooked, but will continue to cook in the oven.
10. Open oven door halfway and let cool for about 10 minutes. Cheesecake will be very tall, almost over the edge of the pan, but will begin to fall as it cools.
11. Refrigerate until firm 5-6 hours.
12. Remove cheesecake from springform pan to use later.
TO MAKE THE FUNFETTI CAKE:
1. Line the bottom of the same sized 9 inch springform pan used for the cheesecake with parchment paper and grease the sides.
2. Mix cake mix, oil, eggs and water together until well combined.
3. Pour into prepared pan and bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out with a few crumbs.
4. Allow cake to cool for 5-8 minutes, then remove to cooling rack to cool completely.
5. When cool, remove cake dome from top of cake.
TO MAKE THE FUNFETTI MOUSSE:
1. In a small bowl, sprinkle the gelatin over the water, let stand for about 5 minutes. Place mixer bowl and whisk attachment into the freezer for about 10 minutes.
2. Place the white chocolate chips in a medium bowl
3. Microwave 3/4 cup of heavy cream until it begins to boil.
4. Add gelatin mixture to the heavy cream and whisk until dissolved.
5. Pour cream over the white chocolate chips and let sit for about a minute.
6. Whisk until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth. Set aside, cooling for about 5-8 minutes.
7. Take bowl out and whisk out of freezer and whisk remaining 1 1/2 cups heavy cream at high speed until it begins to thicken.
8. Add almond and butter extracts and continue whisking on high until soft peaks form.
9. Add about a third of the whipped cream to the chocolate mixture and mix well.
10. Add remaining whipped cream and sprinkles and mix until well combined. Set aside and move on to next steps.
TO BEGIN PUTTING THE CAKE TOGETHER:
1. Prepare the same springform pan you used to make the cheesecake and cake. Put parchment paper on the bottom and around the edges, sticking up above the top edge of the pan.
2. Place the funfetti cake into the cake pan.
3. Pour the funfetti mousse on top of the funfetti cake and spread evenly.
4. Refrigerate until set, about 2 1/2 hours.
ONCE THE MOUSSE HAS SET, MAKE THE WHIPPED VANILLA ICING:
1. Put mixing bowl and whisk attachment in freezer for about 10 minutes.
2. Remove bowl and whisk from freezer and whip cream on high until it begins to thicken.
3. Add vanilla extract and powdered sugar and whip on high until thick and creamy.
TO FINISH OFF THE CAKE:
1. Get funfetti cheesecake out of refrigerator, as well as the funfetti cake and mousse that are already layered together.
2. Place funfetti cheesecake on a cake board, or the plate you will service it on.
3. Remove funfetti cake and mousse layers from springform pan.
4. Spread a thin layer of icing on top of the cheesecake.
5. Place the funfetti cake and mousse layers on top of the cheesecake, using the cake to lift it. The cake should end up as the middle layer, with the cheesecake on bottom and the mousse on top.
6. Ice the cake with the remaining whipped icing. Decorate with additional sprinkles, if desired.
7. Refrigerate until ready to serve.