Ready for the perfect springtime dessert? Frozen fruit salad cupcakes are made up of cherries, bananas, and pineapples suspended in a creamy, frozen filling topped with a dollop of whipped cream.
- 16 oz crushed pineapple, drained (reserve the juice)
- 2–3 bananas, chopped
- 12 oz Cool Whip, thawed*
- 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- 12 maraschino cherries, quartered
- Additional Cool Whip for garnish, if desired
- Additional cherries for decorating, if desired
- Prepare two cupcake pans with cupcake liners. Set aside.
- Pour reserved pineapple juice over the bananas. Set aside.
- Gently fold Cool Whip, sweetened condensed milk, lemon juice and almond extract together. Be careful not to over mix.
- Add the cherries, pineapple, bananas (drain the pineapple juice and discard the juice), and 2 tablespoons of cherry juice from the jar to the Cool Whip mixture and stir to combine.
- Divide the mixture evenly between the cupcake liners and put in the freezer until completely frozen, 3-4 hours.
- Remove cupcakes from the pan and garnish with whipped cream and a cherry, if desired.
- You can also use homemade whipped cream. You’ll need 1 1/2 recipes worth to replace 12 ounces of Cool Whip.
- Serving Size: 1 Cupcake
- Calories: 120
- Sugar: 19.8 g
- Sodium: 30.2 mg
- Fat: 3.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 21.9 g
- Protein: 2.1 g
- Cholesterol: 7.6 mg
Keywords: fruit salad cupcakes, frozen fruit salad, frozen fruit salad cupcakes, fresh fruit recipes