This Homemade Hot Fudge Sauce is easy to make and way better than any store-bought version! It’s thick, fudgy, so chocolatey and completely addictive!
1/4 cup (56g) unsalted butter
1 1/2 cups (360ml) heavy whipping cream
1/2 cup (104g) sugar
3 tbsp (21g) natural unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 tsp salt
6 oz | 1 cup | 169g semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1. Add the butter, cream, sugar, cocoa powder and salt to a medium sized saucepan. Allow to melt over medium heat. Do not turn the heat up higher to make it melt more quickly, or things can end up separating.
2. Let the melted mixture come to a simmer, then reduce the heat to low.
3. Simmer on low heat for 3-5 minutes, stirring constantly.
4. Remove from heat and add chocolate chips and vanilla extract. Let sit for a minute or two, the stir together until melted and combined.
5. Allow sauce to cool slightly before using. It’ll thicken more the more it cools. Pour it over ice cream or other desserts.
6. Store sauce in a jar and refrigerate until ready to use. Sauce will keep in the fridge for up to a month.
7. Reheat sauce in the microwave to use, but be careful not to over heat it so that it doesn’t cause separation.
Keywords: hot fudge sauce, homemade hot fudge sauce, easy hot fudge sauce, how to make hot fudge sauce, hot fudge for ice cream, hot fudge for sundaes