Ready in 5 minutes, this Easy Classic Coleslaw is the ideal potluck side dish. With a handful of ingredients, it’s perfectly creamy with just enough tang, and sure to be a picnic hit.
- 5 tbsp sour cream
- 5 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 1/2 tbsp sugar
- 3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 tsp ground mustard
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Pepper, to taste
- 16 oz package coleslaw mix
- In a large bowl, whisk together the sour cream, mayonnaise, sugar, vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper.
- Add the coleslaw mix and toss until evenly coated.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate for 1-2 hours before serving. You could even make it ahead and refrigerate it overnight. I prefer letting it sit for a bit for the flavors to some together a bit.
Keywords: classic coleslaw recipes, traditional coleslaw recipe, potluck sides