This Easy Chocolate Covered Strawberries recipe is one of my favorite simple desserts! Learn how to make chocolate covered strawberries and decorate them for sharing or gifting!
1. Wash the strawberries and dry them completely. I use several paper towels to dry them individually. Any water that’s left can cause the chocolate to not stick to the strawberries or seize.
2. Set out parchment paper to set the dipped strawberries on and prepare any toppings you might want to add to the strawberries after dipping them.
3. Add the chocolate to a microwave safe bowl and heat in 10-20 second intervals, stirring well between each interval to use the residual heat to continue melting the chocolate. Do not overheat the chocolate. It can cause it to seize or lead to streaking in your chocolate when you dip your strawberries.
4. Holding the strawberries by the stems, dip each into the melted chocolate and gently shake off any excess chocolate.
5. Dip the strawberry into any prepared toppings you’d like to use, then place the dipped strawberry onto the parchment paper to dry and firm up.
6. If adding a white chocolate drizzle, heat the white chocolate as instructed for the chocolate above to melt it. You can add gel icing color to it, if you like. Drizzle the chocolate over the strawberries. I like to use a piping bag fitted with the Wilton 3 tip, but you could also use a small ziplock bag and snip off a small part of a corner.
7. Allow chocolate to firm up, then serve the strawberries. They are best when served the day they are made. You could make them a day ahead, but condensation will form and the strawberries won’t look their best. They can also get a funky texture the longer they sit.
I like to use Ghirardelli dark chocolate melting wafers (which also come in white and milk chocolate) because they are pretty fool proof, but they also have dark chocolate baking chips that would work well. The main thing is that you don’t want to use your average chocolate chips. Instead use baking chips/chocolate. Another good option is the Baker’s baking bar chocolate. Just don’t use your average chocolate bar that’s meant for eating.
Keywords: chocolate covered strawberries, how to make chocolate covered strawberries, easy chocolate covered strawberries, how to decorate chocolate covered strawberries