This Easy Banana Bread Recipe makes a moist loaf with a tender crumb and TONS of banana flavor! It’s a classic recipe that’s perfect for all those over ripe bananas!
- 2 cups (260g) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup (112g) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup (168g) packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup (77g) sour cream
- 2 cups mashed bananas (about 4 large ripe bananas)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9×5 loaf pan with nonstick spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a large mixer bowl fitted with the whisk attachment, add the butter and brown sugar and beat together until light in color and fluffy, about 4 minutes.
- Add the eggs one at a time, mixing until just combined before adding the next.
- Add the sour cream, mashed bananas and vanilla extract and mix util combined.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix just until combined. Do not over mix or you’ll end up with tough banana bread.
- Add the batter to the prepared pan and bake for 60-65 minutes. To test for doneness, a toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf should come out clean.
- Remove loaf from the oven and allow to cool completely in the pan. Slice and serve when ready.
- Store the bread in an air tight container at room temperature for 3-5 days, or in the fridge for up to a week.
Keywords: easy banana bread, best, how to make banana bread, moist, sour cream banana bread, healthy, simple, homemade