This Easy Apple Crisp is a classic old-fashioned dessert that makes you feel all warm and cozy! Made with fresh cinnamon apples and a crunchy oat topping, all you need is a scoop of vanilla ice cream to complete this crowd-favorite treat.
For the Cinnamon Oat Topping
- 1/2 cup (65g) all purpose flour
- 1 cup (90g) old fashioned rolled oats
- 3/4 cup (168g) packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cut into cubes
For the Apple Filling
- 5 cups (595g) thinly sliced granny smith apples (about 4 large apples)
- 1/4 cup (56g) packed brown sugar
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 2 tbsp (16g) all purpose flour
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Add all of the ingredients for the topping, except for the butter, to a medium-sized bowl and stir to combine.
- Add the cold butter and use a pastry cutter or fork to cut the butter into the dry ingredients until the mixture is crumbly and comes together. Set aside.
- Combine all the ingredients for the apples and stir together so that the apples are well coated, then pour the mixture into an 8 or 9 inch square dish.
- Sprinkle the topping evenly over the apples.
- Bake for about 40 minutes, until the topping is golden around the edges and the apples are tender. Allow to cool for about 15 minutes prior to serving.
- Video Transcript
- Storage: Once cooled, refrigerate leftovers in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
- Reheating: Microwave individual helpings for 1-2 minutes, depending on size.
- Make Ahead: Cover well and store in the fridge. Reheat in a 350°F oven for 15 minutes, or until desired temperature is reached.
- Freezing: Store in freezer-safe container or wrap tightly in two layers of plastic wrap. Enjoy within 3 months and thaw in the fridge before reheating.
Keywords: apple crisp with oats, apple crisp topping, best apples for apple crisp