This Classic Pumpkin Pie is easy to make and full of pumpkin flavor and Autumn spices! It’s the perfect pumpkin pie recipe for Thanksgiving!
- Refrigerated pie crust
- 15 oz can pumpkin puree
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup (225g) packed light brown sugar
- 2 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 cup (240ml) heavy whipping cream, room temperature
- 1/4 cup (60ml) milk, room temperature
1. Place the pie crust in a 9 inch pie pan and crimp the edges. Pre-bake according to the temperature and time of the package directions. I like to use pie weights to keep the crust from puffing up when baking.
2. While the crust bakes, whisk together the pumpkin puree, eggs and light brown sugar in a large mixer bowl.
3. Add the remaining ingredients and whisk until well combined.
4. Remove the crust from the oven when done baking. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
5. Pour the pie filling into the hot crust, then place back in the oven and bake for 40-50 minutes. After about 20 minutes of baking, add a pie crust shield to keep the crust from browning too much.
6. When the pie is set around the edges and the center is just set but still jiggly, remove the pie from the oven and set on a wire rack to cool for 1-2 hours.
7. Carefully cover the pie and place the pie in the fridge to cool completely, 4-5 hours. Pie can be made 1-2 days ahead and refrigerated until ready to serve.
- Serving Size: 1 Slice
- Calories: 262
- Sugar: 19.9 g
- Sodium: 207.3 mg
- Fat: 13.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 32.9 g
- Protein: 3.7 g
- Cholesterol: 69.7 mg
Keywords: pumpkin pie recipe, classic pumpkin pie, best pumpkin pie recipe, thanksgiving dessert recipe