This Pecan Pie recipe is a classic! With a delicious pie crust, plenty of brown sugar & lots of pecans, you’ll come back to this recipe time and time again.
- Refrigerated pie crust
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup (240ml) dark corn syrup
- 3/4 cup (108g) dark brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup (56g) butter, melted
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups (200g) pecan halves
1. Place the pie crust in a 9 inch pie pan and crimp the edges. Put the crust in the fridge while you prepare the other ingredients. Preheat the oven to 425°F.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, dark corn syrup, dark brown sugar, vanilla, butter and salt.
3. Put the pecans in the bottom of the crust in an even layer.
4. Pour the corn syrup mixture over the pecans, which will then float to the top.
5. Bake the pie for 10 minutes, then reduce the oven temperature to 350°F.
6. Bake for another 10 minutes, then add a pie crust shield (or aluminum foil) to keep the crust from browning too much.
7. Bake the pie for another 20 minutes.
8. When the pie is set around the edges and the center is set but still jiggly, remove the pie from the oven and set on a wire rack to cool for about 1 hour, then refrigerate until firm, 4-5 hours.
9. Pie can be made 1-2 days ahead and refrigerated until ready to serve.
- Serving Size: 1 Slice
- Calories: 346
- Sugar: 30.7 g
- Sodium: 274.1 mg
- Fat: 19.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 42.2 g
- Protein: 3.7 g
- Cholesterol: 46.5 mg
Keywords: pecan pie recipe, thanksgiving dessert recipe, christmas dessert recipe