These Chewy Snickerdoodles are soft and buttery cookies that are covered in cinnamon and sugar! Such a classic cookie recipe and one of my favorites!
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Prepare a cookie sheet (I recommend a darker cookie sheet) with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
2. Combine the flour, cream of tarter, baking soda and salt in a medium sized bowl. Set aside.
3. Add the butter and 1 1/2 cups of sugar to a large mixer bowl and cream until light in color and fluffy in texture, about 2-3 minutes.
4. Add the eggs one at a time, mixing until combined after each. Scrape down the sides of the bowl, as needed.
5. Add the vanilla extract and mix until well combined.
6. Add the dry ingredients and mix until combined.
7. Combine the remaining 3 tablespoons of sugar with the cinnamon in another small bowl.
8. Create balls of one tablespoon of cookie dough each.
9. Roll each ball of cookie dough in the cinnamon sugar mixture, then set on the prepared cookie sheet with about 2 inches between them.
10. Bake for 6-8 minutes.
11. Remove cookies from the oven and allow to sit for 2-3 minutes, then move to a cooling rack.
12. Store cookies in an airtight container.
Keywords: soft and chewy snickerdoodles, chewy snickerdoodles, easy snickerdoodles, christmas cookies, how to make snickerdoodle cookies