This 5-minute Chocolate Mug Cake recipe is the quickest and easiest way to make a delicious chocolate cake. It’s an eggless, single-serving cake that cooks to perfection in your microwave!
- 1/4 cup (33g) all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup (52g) sugar
- 2 tbsp (14g) natural unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp milk
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp water
- Chocolate chips, Nutella, PB, etc., optional
- Ice cream, optional
- In a small bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients.
- Add the milk, oil, vanilla extract and water and whisk together until well combined.
- Pour batter into a microwave safe mug that’s at least 14 ounces in size so that there’s room for the cake to rise in the cup.
- Add any extras, such as chocolate chips, a scoop of nutella, etc. No need to push them down, they’ll sink a bit as it bakes.
- Put the mug in the microwave and heat for 60-90 seconds, or until the center is just set (the edges will seem a little wet and pull away from the sides, and that’s fine). It took about 70 seconds in my microwave, which is 900 watts. All microwaves vary, so keep that in mind as you adjust the cooking time for your microwave.
- Remove the mug from the microwave (careful – it’ll be hot) and allow it to cool for a few minutes, then enjoy with your favorite toppings, such as ice cream!
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 655
- Sugar: 59.9 g
- Sodium: 622.9 mg
- Fat: 33.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 90.7 g
- Protein: 7.4 g
- Cholesterol: 0.6 mg
Keywords: best mug cake, easy mug cake, no eggs