1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees
2. Put all dry ingredients in a large bowl and whisk together.
3. Add eggs, buttermilk and vegetable oil to the dry ingredients and mix until smooth.
4. Add vanilla to boiling water and add to mixture.
5. Mix at medium speed until smooth.
6. Pour into 2 8-inch pans and bake 25-30 minutes.
7. Remove from oven and let cool for 5-10 minutes in pans, then remove to cooling rack to finish cooling.
8. Once cooled, cut off cake domes with a long serrated knife. You don’t have to do this step, but it will give you more even layers.
EGGLESS COOKIE DOUGH:
1. While the cake cools, cream the butter and brown sugar
2. Mix in the vanilla extract.
3. Add the flour and milk and mix thoroughly. The dough will be thick.
4. Mix in the chocolate chips.
5. Roll the dough into little balls that are between 1/2 and 3/4 inch in diameter.
6. Place the balls of dough in the fridge to firm up. If they end up a little big, cut them in half before adding them to the ice cream.
1. Once the cake has cooled and the cookie dough balls are firm, make the ice cream. Combine cream cheese and sugar together in the bowl of a stand mixer, or with a hand mixer. Mix until completely combined.
2. Add the milk and vanilla extract and mix until well combined.
3. Fold in the cool whip and mini chocolate chips.
4. Add about 3/4 of the cookie dough balls and stir together.
ASSEMBLING IT ALL:
1. Line the sides of an 8-inch springform pan with parchment paper. The parchment paper should stick up above the top edge of the pan, since the cake will probably be a little taller than your pan. If you want, put a cardboard cake circle in the bottom of the pan.
NOTE: You should be using the same 8-inch pan you used for the cake. Not all 8-inch pans are exactly the same size. Your cake needs to fit in this pan.
2. Put the first cake layer in the bottom of your pan.
3. Top with half of the ice cream.
4. Add second cake to the pan.
5. Top with remaining ice cream.
6. Allow ice cream cake to freeze completely, 6-8 hours.
7. When frozen, remove from springform pan and remove parchment paper from sides.
8. Ice cake with additional cool whip, then top with additional mini chocolate chips, remaining cookie dough and chocolate sauce, if desired.