This easy Caramel Turtle Pie turns your favorite chocolates into a pan full of pure heaven! It features a buttery chocolate crust, a gooey caramel filling, rich chocolate ganache and crunchy pecans.
For the Chocolate Cookie Crust
- 2 cups chocolate cookie crumbs
- 5 tbsp butter, melted
For the Caramel Filling
- 1 1/4 cups salted butter
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
For the Chocolate Ganache
- 4 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- Grease a 9 inch pie pan.
- Add melted butter to chocolate cookie crumbs and mix until combined.
- Press mixture evenly into the bottom and up the sides of the pie pan, then set aside.
- To make the filling, melt butter in a large saucepan.
- Add brown sugar and heavy cream and whisk constantly over medium-high heat until sugar is dissolved.
- Bring to a boil and allow to boil for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool for about 10-15 minutes.
- Pour caramel into pie crust. Place in refrigerator for 2-3 hours.
- To make the ganache, put chocolate chips into a metal bowl.
- Microwave heavy cream until it begins to bubble, then remove and pour over the chocolate.
- Immediately cover the metal bowl with clear wrap and let sit for about 5-7 minutes.
- Remove wrap and whisk chocolate until smooth.
- Pour ganache over top of the caramel, spreading into an even layer.
- Sprinkle the pecans over the ganache and press them down a bit so they stick.
- Refrigerate until caramel and chocolate are completely firm. I like to chill it overnight.
- Makes 12-14 servings.
- To Store: Keep extra pie in an airtight container in the fridge and enjoy it within 5 days.
- To Freeze: Wrap the completely set pie in plastic wrap and freeze it in an airtight container or storage bag. Enjoy it within 4 months, thawing it out in the fridge overnight before enjoying.
- Serving Size: 1 Slice
- Calories: 486
- Sugar: 38.1 g
- Sodium: 191.2 mg
- Fat: 35.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 43.2 g
- Protein: 2.5 g
- Cholesterol: 73.7 mg
Keywords: chocolate pie, caramel pecan pie, easy chocolate pie