This Caramel Cheesecake Brownie Trifle is made with layers of creamy caramel cheesecake filling, chewy chocolate brownies, chocolate whipped cream, chocolate and caramel sauce, and caramel candies! It’s the ultimate trifle – easy to make, yet wonderfully decadent!
1. Preheat oven to 350°F (176°C). Grease a 9×13 inch (23×33 cm) baking pan.
2. To make the brownie, combine the butter, sugar and vanilla extract in a medium sized bowl.
3. Add eggs and mix until well combined.
4. Combine flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt in another medium sized bowl.
5. Add the dry ingredients to the egg mixture and mix until well combined.
6. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and spread evenly.
7. Bake for 24-27 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out with a few moist crumbs. Set aside to cool.
8. To make the cheesecake filling, add the cream cheese and brown sugar to a large mixer bowl and mix until well combined and smooth.
9. Add the vanilla extract and caramel sauce and mix until well combined. Set aside.
10. In another bowl, add the heavy whipping cream and powdered sugar to make the whipped cream. Whip on high speed until stiff peaks form.
11. Fold about 1/3 of the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture until combined.
12. Add the remaining whipped cream to the cream cheese mixture and fold until combined. Set aside.
13. To layer everything together, cut the brownie into small pieces. Add a little less than half of the brownie pieces to the bottom of the trifle dish.
14. Drizzle 3-4 tablespoons of chocolate sauce over the brownies.
15. Add about half of the caramel cheesecake filling in an even layer on top of the brownies and chocolate sauce.
16. Drizzle 3-4 tablespoons of caramel sauce over the cheesecake filling, then add a layer of your choice of candies. I added about 2-3 tablespoons of health bits and 10 Rolos that were cut into quarters.
17. Repeat with another layer of brownies, chocolate sauce, caramel cheesecake filling, caramel sauce and candies.
18. To make the chocolate whipped cream for the top of the trifle, add the heavy whipping cream, powdered sugar, cocoa powder and vanilla extract to a large mixer bowl. Whip on high speed until stiff peaks form.
19. Spread about half of the chocolate whipped cream into an even layer on top of the trifle, then use the remaining whipped cream to pipe swirls on top. Use any remaining brownie pieces, candies and sauces to decorate the top of the trifle.
20. Refrigerate trifle until ready to serve. I like to let it all set together for a few hours before serving. Trifle is best when stored well covered in the fridge and eaten within 3-4 days.
Keywords: brownie trifle, trifle recipe, english trifle recipe, chocolate trifle recipe, easy trifle recipe, chocolate dessert recipe, easy dessert recipe, best dessert recipe, best chocolate dessert