This Cannoli Tart has all the great flavors of a cannoli wrapped into one simple tart! With a touch of cinnamon and mini chocolate chips, it’s got all the things I love most about cannolis.
- 1 1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 5 tbsp butter, melted
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar, divided
- 12 oz mascarpone cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- mini chocolate chips, for topping
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees and grease a 9 inch tart pan.
2. Combine ingredients for crust and press into the bottom and up the sides of the pan.
3. Bake crust for 7 minutes, then remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
4. To make the whipped cream, whip heavy whipping cream on high speed for 2-3 minutes. Cream will initially bubble a little bit, then start to thicken.
5. As the cream starts to thicken, add 1/4 cup of powdered sugar.
6. Whip on high until stiff peaks form, for a total whipping time of about 5-7 minutes.
7. Set whipped cream aside and combine mascarpone cheese, remaining powdered sugar, vanilla extract and cinnamon. Mix on slow speed until combined. Do not over mix.
8. Carefully fold the whipped cream into the mascarpone mixture.
9. Spread filling into the tart crust and refrigerate until firm, 3-4 hours.
Keywords: cannoli dessert, cannoli recipe, cannoli filling recipe, cannoli cream recipe, tart recipe, tart crust recipe, italian dessert, italian dessert recipe