These Peeps in a Blanket brownies are a festive Easter dessert recipe! Chewy chocolate brownies are topped with cute bunny peeps, dipped in chocolate and decorated with sprinkles!
- 3/4 cup (180ml) vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups (310g) sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup (98g) all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup plus 2 1/2 tbsp (59g) natural unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp plus 1/8 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 8–10 Bunny Peeps
- 10–12 oz Ghirardelli melting wafers (or similar baking/melting chocolate)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9×9 square baking pan and line it with parchment paper that sticks up above the edges. You’ll use the parchment paper to lift the bars out of the pan later.
- Add the oil, sugar and vanilla extract to a large mixing bowl and whisk together to combine. Add the eggs and whisk together until well combined.
- Combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt in a medium sized bowl, then add to the wet ingredients. Whisk together until just well combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and spread evenly. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out with a few crumbs.
- Allow brownies to cool completely, then remove them from the pan using the parchment paper. Cut the brownies into rectangles that will fit the Peeps. I cut them down the middle to cut it in half, then cut eat half into rectangles. You should get 8-10 brownies.
- Place melting chocolate in a microwave safe bowl and melt according to package directions. Use a knife or offset spatula to spread a little chocolate on the back of each peep and stick them to the brownies. Allow the chocolate to dry.
- Dip the brownies, one at a time, into the melted chocolate. Gently shake or brush off the excess chocolate. Place brownies onto parchment paper and add sprinkles. Allow to dry completely.
- Store brownies in an airtight container. They are best eaten within 3-4 days.
- Serving Size: 1 brownie
- Calories: 358
- Sugar: 39 g
- Sodium: 65.5 mg
- Fat: 19.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 50.6 g
- Protein: 3.3 g
- Cholesterol: 37.2 mg
Keywords: easter dessert, easter dessert idea, easter dessert recipe, easter recipe, best brownies recipe, homemade brownies, chocolate brownies, chocolate brownies recipe