1. In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, cream of tartar and baking soda. Set aside.
2. Cream the butter and sugars together with a mixer until creamy.
3. Add the egg and vanilla mix until light and fluffy, about 3-4 minutes.
4. With the mixer on low speed, add the dry ingredients and mix until well combined.
5. Stir in the chocolate chips.
6. I refrigerated the dough overnight, though you don’t have to.
7. When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
8. Make balls of dough about 1 -2 tbsp in size and place on a cookie sheet covered with parchment paper.
9. Bake for 9-10 minutes.
10. Remove from oven and let cool for a minute or two, then allow to cool on a cooling rack.