These BAILEYS® Coffee Creamers Macadamia Brittle Cupcakes are moist, sweet and full of the most wonderful, almost indescribable flavor. These cupcakes both are nutty and caramel-y and the perfect dessert for a crowd.
- 1 2/3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 cup salted butter, room temperature
- 3 egg whites
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup Macadamia Brittle BAILEYS® Coffee Creamer
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup macadamia nuts, chopped
- 1 cup butter, divided
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 4–5 cups powdered sugar
- 3–4 tbsp baileys creamer
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Whisk together flour, sugar and baking powder in a large mixing bowl.
3. Add butter, egg whites, vanilla, sour cream, milk and creamer and mix on medium speed just until smooth. Do not over mix.
4. Fill cupcake liners a little more than half way.
5. Bake 18-20 minutes.
6. Allow to cool for 1-2 minutes, then remove to cooling rack to finish cooling.
1. While cupcakes cool, make macadamia brittle. Line a cookie sheet with a silicon baking mat, set aside.
2. Stir together sugar, water and salt in a medium saucepan.
3. Cook over high heat without stirring, until sugar begins to melt and turn golden, about 3 minutes.
4. Continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until sugar has melted and mixture turns golden amber, about 10 minutes. Mixture will turn amber quickly, so keep a close eye on it.
5. Once mixture turns amber, stir in macadamia nuts.
6. Immediately remove mixture from heat and pour onto baking mat. Quickly spread to about 1/2 inch thick.
7. Let cool completely, about 15 minutes. Break brittle into pieces.
1. Place 1/2 cup of butter and brown sugar into a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for about 30 seconds at a time, stirring after each interval, until the sugar is mostly dissolved, about 3 minutes. It’ll boil and bubble up. Set caramel aside to cool.
2. Cream remaining 1/2 cup butter and shortening until smooth.
3. Add 3 cups powdered sugar and 1 tbsp creamer and beat until smooth.
4. Pour caramel into icing and mix until smooth.
5. Add another 1-2 cups of powdered sugar.
6. Add more creamer to reach desired icing consistency.
7. Ice cooled cupcakes, then top with a piece of macadamia brittle.
You may notice little bits of butter in the batter, but that’s ok. They will melt into the cupcake as they bake.
Macadamia Brittle modified from Martha Stewart’s Peanut Brittle.
- Serving Size: 1 Cupcake
- Calories: 899
- Sugar: 122.8 g
- Sodium: 280.6 mg
- Fat: 39.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 137.2 g
- Protein: 3.7 g
- Cholesterol: 66.8 mg
Keywords: baileys cupcakes, cupcakes with baileys, baileys dessert, homemade cupcakes, best cupcake recipe, easy cupcake recipe, frosting for cupcake recipe, homemade cupcake recipe