These Apple Streusel Cheesecake Bars are a delightful apple recipe perfect for Thanksgiving dessert. They have a buttery shortbread crust, creamy cheesecake filling and are topped with cinnamon apples and a cinnamon streusel!
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees and prepare a 9×13 inch pan with parchment paper that sticks up above the sides of the pan, so that you can remove the bars later for easy cutting.
2. In a medium bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar and cinnamon.
3. Cut in butter into the flour mixture with a pastry blender or fork until mixture is crumbly.
4. Press evenly into the bottom of the pan and bake for 8-10 minutes. When the crust is done baking, turn the temperature up to 325 degrees.
5. In another large bowl, combine the chopped apples, flour, cinnamon and nutmeg and set aside.
6. To make the filling, blend the cream cheese, brown sugar and flour in a large mixer bowl on low speed until well combined and smooth. Be sure to use low speed to reduce the amount of air added to the batter. Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
7. Add the sour cream, vanilla extract, cinnamon and nutmeg and mix on low speed until well combined.
8. Add the eggs and egg white one at a time, mixing slowly to combine. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed to make sure everything is well combined.
9. Pour the batter into the pan with the crust and spread evenly.
10. Spread the cinnamon apples evenly over the top of the cheesecake filling.
11. In another small bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg for the streusel.
12. Add the melted butter and stir together until crumbly.
13. Sprinkle the streusel evenly over the apples.
14. Bake the bars for about 45 minutes or until the center is just set. Remove the bars from the oven and allow to cool on the counter for about 45 minutes, then refrigerate until cold and firm.
15. Use the parchment paper to remove the bars from the pan and cut into bars. Serve cold. Bars are best when stored well covered in the fridge and eaten within 4-5 days.
Keywords: apple recipes, easy apple recipes, apple dessert ideas, thanksgiving dessert ideas, cheesecake bars