White Chocolate Raspberry Trifle
This decadent White Chocolate Raspberry Trifle has layers of white chocolate ganache, white chocolate mousse, pound cake, fresh raspberries and a whipped cream topping! It’s the best trifle to indulge in on special occasions.
- Prep Time: 45 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 10-12 servings 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Stove
- Cuisine: American
For the White Chocolate Ganache
- 6 tbsp (90ml) heavy whipping cream
- 8 oz (225g) white chocolate
For the White Chocolate Mousse
- 12 ounces (338g) white chocolate
- 2 cups (480ml) heavy whipping cream, cold, divided
- 8 oz mascarpone cheese*
- 1 cup (115g) powdered sugar
- 15 oz pound cake, cut into cubes
- 9 oz raspberries
For the Whipped Cream Topping
- 1/2 cup (120ml) heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup (29g) powdered sugar
- 3/4 tsp vanilla extract
- Raspberries, for decorating
- White chocolate, for decorating
White Chocolate Ganache
- Heat the heavy cream until it just starts to boil, then pour over the white chocolate chips. Cover with clear wrap for 3-4 minutes, then whisk until smooth. Sometimes the white chocolate doesn’t completely melt. If that happens, microwave white chocolate mixture in 10 second increments, stirring well between each increment, until smooth.
- Set aside to cool to about room temperature.
White Chocolate Mousse
- Heat 1/2 cup heavy cream until it just starts to boil, then pour over the white chocolate chips. Cover with clear wrap for 3-4 minutes, then whisk until smooth. Set aside to cool to about room temperature.
- Add the mascarpone cheese to a large mixer bowl and whip just until smooth. Don’t over mix or it can thin out your mascarpone cheese and make it watery.
- Slowly pour in the remaining 1 1/2 cups of the heavy whipping cream, allow it to incorporate with the cheese slowly so that it doesn’t end up lumpy.
- Once all is combined, add the powdered sugar. Turn up speed to high and whip to stiff peaks.
- Carefully fold about 1/3 of the whipped cream into the cooled white chocolate mixture until combined.
- Gently fold in the remaining whipped cream until well combined.
- Add about half of the pound cake cubes to the bottom of the trifle dish in an even layer.
- Drizzle about half of the white chocolate ganache over the pound cake and spread evenly.
- Add about half of the raspberries, spreading them out evenly.
- Spread about half of the white chocolate mousse into an even layer over the raspberries.
- Repeat another layer of pound cake, white chocolate ganache, raspberries and the remaining white chocolate mousse.
- To decorate the top, make the whipped cream topping. Add all ingredients to a large mixer bowl fitted with the whisk attachment and whip until stiff peaks form.
- Pipe swirls of whipped cream around the top of the trifle and finish it off with additional raspberries, white chocolate pieces and white chocolate shavings.
- Refrigerate trifle until ready to serve. Best if eaten within 2-3 days.
Your mascarpone cheese should be cool, but not cold. If it gets too warm, it can get watery.
Keywords: chocolate trifle, trifle recipe, christmas dessert recipes, holiday dessert recipes, trifle, berry trifle, trifle dessert, easy dessert recipes, white chocolate raspberry cake